Temptations Bath n' Body Forum
Hello, And welcome to the Temptations Bath n' Body forum!
You are currently visiting as a Guest. To get all the options that members get, including posting and entering polls, please press the 'Register' button below.
If you are already a member, please log in by either clicking the button below, or closing this message and pressing the link on the right saying 'Log in'
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please write to us at temptationsbathnbodyforum@ymail.com
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy our forum!

Christie & Rose
Hello, And welcome to the Temptations Bath n' Body forum!
You are currently visiting as a Guest. To get all the options that members get, including posting and entering polls, please press the 'Register' button below.
If you are already a member, please log in by either clicking the button below, or closing this message and pressing the link on the right saying 'Log in'
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please write to us at temptationsbathnbodyforum@ymail.com
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy our forum!

Christie & Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post about skincare, bath n' body, and all that jazz with people all over the world!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Voting; Problem of the year contest!

Go down 
4 posters

Pick the entry you think is the best (guests can vote)
#1. Premature aging
Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_lcap27%Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
#2. Hair Loss
Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_lcap9%Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
#3. Cancer
Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_lcap18%Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_rcap
 18% [ 2 ]
#4. Horrible Diet and Low Pysical Activity
Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_lcap27%Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
#5. Acne
Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_lcap9%Voting; Problem of the year contest! Vote_rcap
 9% [ 1 ]
#6. Cancer
 9% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 11

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Christie
Admin
Admin
Christie

Temptations Points : 11521

Voting; Problem of the year contest! Empty
PostSubject: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 4:32 pm

Guests Can Vote, and reply!!!

Vote for the one that you agree with the most. Since two members have submitted the same topic (Cancer) vote for the one that you think has the best advice. Good luck to the entry-ers! Voting; Problem of the year contest! 194778

#1. Premature aging
I think that 2010's problem of the year is Premature Aging. I know many people that got wrinkles, age spots and grey hair at an early age. Many people have this problem. Here are a few tips to stay young, longer!

-Get your vitamins!
To help and prevent premature aging, make sure to get your vitamins. A, B5, C, and E are the ones you should make sure to eat and put on your skin.

-Drink lots of water!
To clean your skin, and clear your body of toxins, drink lots of water.

-Get active!
Try to get at least 10 minutes of exercises everyday. Not only will it help your skin, but also help you feel younger, and be healthier. If you are a people person, try some organized sports, or play with your kids, (If you have any) after all, any activity is better than none!

-Go natural!
We all know that there are many synthetic anti-aging creams and skincare out there which people claim work. But after months, to years of using these products, they build up in your blood stream, and not only cause aging, but also diseases like cancer.

-Organic diet!
Its not only natural skincare you want, but also natural and organic foods. Eating foods which are covered in pesticides and growth stimulator's is defiantly not healthy. Next time you go to the grocery store, try to hand out in the organic section, after all, what is using natural on our skin if we're eating synthetics?!

-SPF!
When you go outside on hot (and not so hot) days, make sure you use your natural sunscreen. When you don't, your skin slowly starts aging faster than its supposed to, but remember, using synthetic sunscreen is worse for you than using none at all.

-Relax!
Try not to get angry or upset easily, this will only stress your system and cause you to age faster. When you're feeling stressed, sit down, relax, and take 3 deep breathes.

-Get your rest!
Sleeping 5 hours a day is not nearly enough! Get atleast 8 ours of sleep every night, to ease pressure put on your body, and to stop premature aging. After all, your system will be more progressive after sleeping more, and doing things will take you half the time it would if you sleep only 5 hours.

#2. Hair Loss
The problem of the year is Hair loss. Many people suffer from hair loss at different ages. The best thing we can do to help solve this problem is try to get less chemicals, and more vitamins and nutrition into our diet and things we put on our skin. For example:

Try to eat more fruits and vegetables that contain important vitamins, that's not only good for our hair, but also good for our skin and body.
Getting more protien is very important for our hair. Foods like fish, eggs, chicken, liver, low-fat cheese, eggs, almonds, yogurt, soy milk, tofu and beans help thicken and strengthen our hair, to prevent hair loss in the future and stimulate hair growth.

Getting more Iron is also very important for our scalp. Iron helps carry oxygen to our scalp and organs, and make a good blood flow going. When your scalp gets good blood flow, your hair will start growing thicker, stronger, and healthier. For Iron, try eating more iron filled foods such as:
Eggs, dates, raisins, dark green leafy vegetables such as kale, and whole-grain cereals are all high in iron. Vitamin C improves the absorption of iron, so fruits like oranges, strawberries and lemons should be included in your diet.

Try to get more Silica into your diet. Silica helps absorb vatamins and minirals. If you don't get enough Silica, not all the vitamins you eat are going to stay in your body to help you, only a small percentage. Silica can be found in bean sprouts, the skin of cucumbers, red and green peppers, and potatoes. Remember, when you eat these foods raw, as opposed to cooked, you’re getting more nutritional value out of them.

Getting more zinc into your diet is also very important to prevent and cure hair loss. Zinc manages the glands that attach to your hair follicles. When you’re low on zinc, these follicles become weak, causing strands to break off or fall out. Come zinc heavy foods are red meats, poultry, mussels, shrimp, nuts, and oysters.

It may be tempting to eat fast food, but greasy foods are among the worst culprits for hair loss. If you are craving a burger or fries, the best you can do is to cook the burger yourself and dice, season and bake some potato wedges with the skinks on to go along with it. Try to limit your intake of excessively cold, spicy and sugary foods as well. These can tax your body, and when your body’s fighting something thats unhealthy, it’s not functioning at its best level.

Remember, that including these foods in your diet will not only help your hair, but also your whole body, inside, and out.

#3. Cancer

I think the problem of the year is Cancer. Every DAY, around 2000 people die of cancer, and 4000 get diagnosed with it in the US. How we can prevent it:
Avoid Smoking and Exposure to Smoke: That'll lower your risk to get cancer by a high precent.
Avoid lots of UV exposure: too much UV exposure can cause skin cancer.
Eat Your Fruits and Veggies: Did you know that if you eat 1 apple a day, you'll have a 40% less risk of getting cancer?
Limit Your Alcohol Intake: Alchohol makes you a higher risk of getting cancer.
Exercise: Exersising everyday for atlest 30 minutes lowers your risk of cancer by 40%
Know Your Personal and Family Medical History: find out if any of your relatives had/have cancer to be more aware if they did.
Take tests: Go to your doctor and take tests often to see if you have cancer. Its better to heal it when it just starts than when its really bad.
Avoid Synthetic: avoid synthetic food & skincare.

#4. Horrible Diet & Low Pysical Activity

I think the problem of the year is a horrible diet and low physical activity. In America, more than half of our population is overweight. Unfortunately I am in that group. Diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and several types of cancers are slowly killing people and can all be linked to bad eating habits and lack of physical activity. I'm not a doctor, but I don't I need to be to know what's happening.

I have been able to change my lifestyle in 3 steps that haven't turned my world upside down. It's not a diet, because those don't last, it just a few tweaks that have begun to make all the difference.

1. Cut out sodas
- I cut out sodas about a year ago and while I haven't lost a bunch of weight, I haven't gained any! I drink water with lemons or limes and different teas. When water gets boring, I'll drink Crystal Light because it curbs my sweet tooth. My skin looks and feels so much better.
2. Cut out processed foods
- Fast food is easy, cheap and tastes really good. Also foods that have a long shelf life make you feel like you got your money's worth. I find that if I can't pronounce the ingredients in my food, and if I have food with a November 2011 expiration date on it, I probably shouldn't be eating it. Food is designed to go bad, and that's how it should be. I eat a lot of fruits a veggies that I get from my local farmer's markets, because they're cheaper and usually haven't been sprayed with pesticides. I eat whole grains for the fiber. I eat dairy(I love cheese!), but drink either skim milk or almond milk for my calcium. I eat meat 2-3 times a week. I buy meat that is free range, grass fed and and was not pumped full of growth hormones and didn't spend their life in a cage. A happy, healthy animal, means healthy meat for me. I still love my sweets and when I eat them I go all the way. I'm better off eating a slice of cake that has oil, sugar and everything else, than 2 slices of fat free cake. Fat free desserts tend to have a lot more sugar as a way to compete with normal desserts. Besides, there's no substitute for real cake if you ask me!
3. Exercise 20-30 min a day.
- T.V. is my boyfriend! I'm like the laziest person on the planet. So if I can find 20-30 minutes to fit some exercise in, anyone can! I'll typically ride my exercise bike while watching t.v in the evenings. Or I'll walk my dogs. I sleep better and my closes are beginning to fit looser. I don't use scales, they stress me out.

With just 3 changes, I've been able to reverse my weight gain and significantly reduce the chances of suffering from any health problems now and in the future. Also all of my natural and organic beauty products are working better too!

#5. Acne

I think that the problem this year is acne. So many people have it and I think that instead of using proactive it can be healed naturally like using Tea tree and Lemongrass. Which are very antiseptic. I think that acne happens because of unbalanced hormone levels (in teens) and bacteria and viruses (in adults). Also I think that polution contributes to the problem as well.

#6. Cancer

The problem of this year is clearly cancer. I hate cancer. It silently kills so many people and so many are infected. This may be dues to many aspects and issues, one being smoking. Imagine smoking pure tabaco. Have you ever even tried pure tabaco? I have and I have to tell you that the sensation is so different then smoking a regualr cigarette from your grocers or your drug store. Why? Because cheap cigarettes are filled with uneeded chemicals and synthetics just like skincare and among those synthetics are deadly carcinogens which enter our lungs. So smoking tabaco is not unhealthy but smoking chemistry is! Other problems that cause cancer are obesity and bad lifestyle. If you eat too much junk and you are ingesting tons of chemistry along with your daily cigarette your likelyhood rises. Now what about technology like cell-phones? Nearly every american houshold hasone of those babies (I do too!) and it has been proven that they help cells reproduce quicker which leads to a tumor. So what can we do? There are causes all around us! What I say is that we have to each strive to live a healthy lifestyle. 1 person will make a difference when you multiply them by a billion I think that thats the main problem.

Last edited by Christie on Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.temptationsbathnbody.com
Lesley1223

Temptations Points : 10289

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:16 pm

Voted! They are all great entries!
Back to top Go down
Don
Starter
Starter
Don

Temptations Points : 10713

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:21 pm

Nice entries everyone Very Happy May the best one win!
Back to top Go down
Christie
Admin
Admin
Christie

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyThu Apr 01, 2010 5:24 pm

Wow! Thats a lot of votes!
Back to top Go down
MikeMana
Formulator
Formulator
MikeMana

Temptations Points : 10930

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 2:51 pm

voted Smile
Back to top Go down
Christie
Admin
Admin
Christie

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! EmptyMon May 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Gonna be putting up a tie vote soon!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Voting; Problem of the year contest!   Voting; Problem of the year contest! Empty

Back to top Go down

Voting; Problem of the year contest!
Page 1 of 1