Temptations Bath n' Body Forum
Hello, And welcome to the Temptations Bath n' Body forum!
You are currently visiting as a Guest. To get all the options that members get, including posting and entering polls, please press the 'Register' button below.
If you are already a member, please log in by either clicking the button below, or closing this message and pressing the link on the right saying 'Log in'
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please write to us at temptationsbathnbodyforum@ymail.com
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy our forum!

Christie & Rose
Hello, And welcome to the Temptations Bath n' Body forum!
You are currently visiting as a Guest. To get all the options that members get, including posting and entering polls, please press the 'Register' button below.
If you are already a member, please log in by either clicking the button below, or closing this message and pressing the link on the right saying 'Log in'
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please write to us at temptationsbathnbodyforum@ymail.com
Thank you, and we hope you enjoy our forum!

Christie & Rose
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Post about skincare, bath n' body, and all that jazz with people all over the world!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inGallery

Air Freshners

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DeeDooey
Formulator
Formulator
DeeDooey

Temptations Points : 10933

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Air Freshners   Air Freshners EmptyMon May 10, 2010 8:02 pm

I've been using Febreze Products, but they have bad ingredients. I've been using the

From Wikipedia
Quote :

Risks
The ASPCA has stated that the product, when used as directed by the manufacturer, is safe to use in households with dogs and cats and probably safe to use in households with ferrets, rabbits and rodents. Rumors have circulated stating that the product causes serious harm to household animals; however, studies have not shown that the product is harmful under normal usage. However, caution should be taken when used around birds, and pets other than dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits and rodents.

From About.com

Quote :
Febreze Is Dangerous to Pets
There have been multiple instances of dogs and birds who have died or became very ill after being exposed to Febreze, a deodorizer/air freshener. Febreze contains zinc chloride, which is very dangerous for animals.

Please do not use Febreze anywhere near your pets! If you have used it near your pets or on their bedding, clean the bedding/area thoroughly to remove the Febreze, and move the animals away from the area.

Please pass this information on to other pet owners/caretakers,before more animals are injured or killed, and find a safer method of odor control.

Febreze: This product is marketed as something that removes odors without covering them up. However, there is a strong smell to it, but worse than that, Febreze contains zinc chloride. Many birds have already been killed after this product was used in any proximity to them whatsoever, and some dogs have also died. Other dogs have become ill without dying. This product is marketed as safe around animals, and people have sprayed their dogs' bedding to remove the doggy smell, only to discover later on that their dog became deathly ill from it. There is one dog who lost most of her hair after being accidentally sprayed with some Febreze, though this particular incident also had a second factor involved

affraid And I keep many, many animals, so I am thinking of switching my air freshner to something natural, yet I don't really want to pay too much for shipping, since I get lots of my home items from my local stores.

What do you use? Is it natural?
Back to top Go down
http://deedooey.blogspot.com
Christie
Admin
Admin
Christie

Temptations Points : 11547

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshners   Air Freshners EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:17 pm

Surprised OMG! I'll make sure not to use Febreze again! I have 2 cats, and some other animals!
Back to top Go down
http://www.temptationsbathnbody.com
MikeMana
Formulator
Formulator
MikeMana

Temptations Points : 10956

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshners   Air Freshners EmptyMon May 10, 2010 9:23 pm

There is one great Essential Oil company which I always buy from. Its called ATL International and they have a whole bunch of great oils at GREAT prices, really and they are strong. What I do to freshen my home is I buy one of those sprayer bottles from the dollar store add water and I regularly buy oils from ATL which I use in this spray. This is my formula. LOL I tend to make everything myself, hope you like it Smile

- fill sprayer with water
- 15 dr. Lemon EO
- 5 dr Ginger EO
- 5 dr Blood Orange EO
- 5 dr Mint EO

This makes a very freshening and nice spray that lasts lon. For me it lasts 2 months and I spray my 2 story house all over everyday to disinfect and scent. Fruit flies also hate this by the way. The oils also last like a year using this formula so I just refill the ater and add more oil. Just keep in consideration that the oil does not mix with the water so shake before use to mix. Tell me if you try and like it.
Back to top Go down
Christie
Admin
Admin
Christie

Temptations Points : 11547

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshners   Air Freshners EmptyTue May 11, 2010 12:23 am

ATL International...hmm I think I've heard of it somewhere, not exactly sure where though.

Well either way that sounds like a good recipe, and I'm giving you another thanks. Make sure to post all your recipies in the Recipe section, so we all can see them! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.temptationsbathnbody.com
MilaTaylor
Starter
Starter
MilaTaylor

Temptations Points : 10781

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshners   Air Freshners EmptyTue May 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Thats just terrible! I never use any fragrance/synthetic air freshners. I just dab some EO here and there. And if I'm having any problems with insects n my house, I use some (I mix them together in a bottle, 1/3 of each) Tea Tree, Lemon grass, and Eucalyptus, and they're gone. I just put some onto the places where they are most. You can find EO's online, or at any health food stores (they are quite expensive locally, and sometimes even diluted Surprised)
Back to top Go down
http://milataylor.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Air Freshners Empty
PostSubject: Re: Air Freshners   Air Freshners Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Freshners
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Temptations Bath n' Body Forum :: Other Than Skincare... :: Perfumes & scents-
Jump to: